Saturday, July 02, 2005

Water Street

my head is exploding whole skin wants scratching immerse me in sensation scream jump up and down whirl naked in a sandstorm rake me with your fingernails wrap me in your many arms hang upside down turn inside out lie down in fire burnt hairless I read your words nonconsecutive streaming word banners remembering trying to pull the edges of my life together who was loved who was useful Johnny me child idiot wife what was I thinking I wonder from this distance 58 not child hysterical in the bath Melisande and me tripping in aprons layered we wore three at a time Peshe raving on water street Johnny baptized Julian in the storming sound it was enough the hurricane came you leaned out the window a minor storm what we chose and what we chose not oh god I still grieve

No comments:

Post a Comment